Terms of Service
i.ntere.st's products and services are provided by Tattva, Inc. Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using our website, services, or products. This is a contract between you and i.ntere.st.
1. Your Acceptance
- Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using or visiting i.ntere.st website located at: http://i.ntere.st/ or any i.ntere.st’s products, software, data feeds, and services provided to you from the i.ntere.st website (collectively, the "Service"). By using or accessing the Service, you represent and warrant that you have fully read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any of these Terms of Service, please do not use the Service.
- i.ntere.st reserves the right to modify or revise these Terms of Service at any time without prior notice. You are fully responsible for reviewing any modifications to these Terms of Service periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Service after any modifications is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified Terms of Service.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Service, including users who are also contributors of content which includes the text, comments, ideas, feedback, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service (collectively, the “Content”).
- The Service may contain links to third party websites, advertisers, banners, services, products, materials, information or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by i.ntere.st. If you access any of those third party websites, services, or contents, you do so at your own risk and you agree that i.ntere.st will have no liability arising directly or indirectly from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
- As a condition to using certain functions of the Service, you will have to create an i.ntere.st account. When you create your own account, you must provide accurate and updated registration information.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must change your account password periodically to maintain security.
4. Permissions and Restrictions
i.ntere.st grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You shall not download, stream, distribute for any purposes other than using the Services or otherwise dispose of in any medium, any part of the Service or the Content without i.ntere.st's prior written approval;
- You shall not alter or modify any part of the Service;
- You shall not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service;
- You shall not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Service;
- You shall not use the Service for any commercial use unless you obtain i.ntere.st’s prior written approval;
- You shall not take any action which will: (a) be defamatory, illicit, offensive, racist, xenophobic, obscene or pornographic; (b) be against the public order, policy and good morals; or (c)be reasonably believed by i.ntere.st to be improper or inconvenient;
- In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws;
- i.ntere.st reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
- An i.ntere.st account holder may submit and make a public transmission of Content to the Service. i.ntere.st does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the direct or indirect consequences of submitting and publishing (including, but not limited to, public transmission of) your Content on the Service. You warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to publish Content you submit. When you submit Content to the Service, you grant to i.ntere.st a perpetual worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, non-revocable and transferable license all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity right, privacy right or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service pursuant to these Terms of Service.
- You retain and hold all of your ownership in your Content. However, by submitting Content to i.ntere.st, you grant to i.ntere.st a perpetual worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, non-revocable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform and make a public transmission of the Content in connection with the Service, including without any restriction, limitation or compensation for promoting and redistributing all or part of the Service. You also grant each user of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display, perform and make a public transmission of such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service.
- You agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant i.ntere.st all of the license rights granted herein.
- i.ntere.st does not assume or endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and i.ntere.st expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. i.ntere.st does not permit any copyright infringing activities and infringement of other intellectual property rights on the Service, and i.ntere.st will, in its sole discretion, remove or modify all or part of Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. i.ntere.st has, in its sole discretion, the right to remove or modify all or part of Content without any prior notice.
6. i.ntere.st Points
You may earn the i.ntere.st Points (the “Points”) only if you are a current i.ntere.st account holder. The Points are not sold on the Service. You can only get Points by performing actions which i.ntere.st requests through the Service. For more information, please read the FAQ.
8. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, I.NTERE.ST DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. I.NTERE.ST MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL: (I) BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, OR DATA; (II) MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS; (III) BE FREE FROM ERRORS OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR (IV) BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. I.NTERE.ST ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO CONTENT THAT YOU OR ANY OTHER USER OR THIRD PARTY SUBMITS OR TRANSMITS USING THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM I.NTERE.ST OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
I.NTERE.ST SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE; (II) ANY CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, INDECENT, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT; OR (IV) ANY CAUSE OR CAUSES BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF I.NTERE.ST AFFECTED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACT OF GOD; ACTS OF GOVERNMENT OR GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITIES, COMPLIANCE WITH LAW, REGULATIONS OR ORDERS, FIRE, STORM, FLOOD OR EARTHQUAKE; WAR (DECLARED OR NOT), REBELLION, REVOLUTION, OR RIOTS, STRIKE OR LOCKOUT.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless i.ntere.st from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any provision of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property right, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party.
Either party may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying the other party. i.ntere.st may terminate or suspend your access to or ability to use any and all Service immediately, without any prior notice or liability, for any reason or no reason, including but not limited to if you breach any of the terms or conditions of these Terms of Service.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of Japan. All disputes arising from or relating to these Terms of Service, the Service and Content shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as a court of the first instance.
13. Entire Agreement
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by i.ntere.st without restriction.
No waiver of any provision of these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision, and i.ntere.st's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. You expressly understand and agree that the rights and remedies available to you in any event will be strictly limited to the right to recover damages in action at law.
Day of Enactment: March 15, 2011
Date of Revision: October 28, 2013
Date of Last Rivision: July 31, 2014